Trinity Baptist Church was organized in the Spring of 1913 under the leadership of the late Rev. Tillmore. The initial congregation consisted of twelve members: Bro. & Sis. Thomas Allen; Bro. & Sis. Edward King; Bro. & Sis. Harvey Fox and daughter; Bro. “Pops” Allen and daughter; Sis. Clara Banks; Sis. Christina Green; and Bro. Charles Banks.

These original pioneers met and worshipped at a facility in the 300 block of East Costilla Street before moving to the 500 block of West Colorado Ave. Sister Clara Banks suggested naming the congregation “Trinity”. The name was approved and has been our official name since that time.


In 1921, Trinity acquired the property at 832 South Nevada under the pastorate of the late Rev. M. Purdue, through the efforts of the late Brothers Green and Fox.


Rev. Purdue was followed by a succession of pastors including: Rev. Johnson, Rev. W. C. Samples, Rev. Edwards, Rev. Holloway, Rev. Hughes, Rev. Gandy, Rev. K. D. Shroud, Rev. I. E. Allen, Rev. N. J.Ieltz, Rev. Evans, Rev. Doanes, Rev. Jones, Rev. Lyons, Rev. S. S. Smith and Rev. Hill.


In December 1961, Rev. Harvey was installed as Trinity’s pastor. During his pastorate, the land for this sanctuary was purchased, and the current facility was erected and furnished. Additionally, a baptismal was acquired through the work of Sisters Church, Lawson and Harris and a computer system was donated in memory of Brother John Cushon.


Rev. Harvey served Trinity diligently for 30 years and is sharing in this celebration with us today. The late Rev. Asa Banks served as Interim Pastor from Feb-Oct 1993. Rev. George Duncan was elected Pastor and served Trinity until May 1996. Rev. Dotson and Rev. Flournoy served as Interim Pastors until Rev. Dotson was installed as Pastor in October 1998. In March of the next year, Rev. Harvey was installed as Pastor Emeritus.


God has blessed and is continuing to bless the Trinity Family bountifully. He has blessed us physically and spiritually. We have paid off the mortgage on the building, purchased 1.6 acres due west of here and upgraded our music/sound systems. Most importantly, He has blessed us with a congregation that knows how to praise their Maker in all things. We acknowledge Him in all our ways and invite you to join us in this celebration of blessings and receive bountifully from the Lord.